The first survey of Spanish and Portuguese-speaking men in the Toronto area
The ¡Cuéntame!/Conta-me! study conducted a web survey (n=229) followed by in-depth interviews with 45 Spanish and Portuguese speaking gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men in the Toronto area. It is the first of its kind in Canada.
The purpose of the study was to investigate:
• social contexts and determinants that influence safer-sex decision-making and HIV vulnerability
• the relationship between immigrant experiences and language barriers with risk taking
• issues in accessing services and sources of sexual health information
Study participants were gay, bisexual, or other men who have sex with men, 18 years or older, born in a Spanish or Portuguese-speaking country, or if Canadian-born, with a parent from a Spanish or Portuguese-speaking country.
• HIV Awareness...
• HIV Vulnerability and Prevention...
• Sexual Decision Making...